Blain and Oldenburg in Holstein - more than just twin towns
Since the founding of the committee for town twinning in 2016, Oldenburg in Holstein and Blain being twin towns was a project of the citizens of both cities. While signing the trait for town twinning a year later, one thing was clear: this project should not only exist on an official level. Private encounters, mutual visits of kids and teenagers, contact between clubs and organization of cross-border projects are planned to strengthen sustained town twinning. The commitment of the committees of both cities and the will of the society should support the political decision for the french-german friendship and be the energy for new projects.
We accompany possibilities for exchanging in the areas: education, culture, agriculture, economy, sports, social welfare, vocational training,..
A few examples of the projects:
- imparting and supporting work placements at farms
- sport tournament in Blain with sportsmen and sportswomen of the sportsclub Oldenburg 'OSV'
- cultural weeks in the cities
- imparting host families for students and trainees in France and Germany
- imparting and supporting work placements in social jobs
- booth about Blain at the 'Parkfest' in Oldenburg
- visiting both countries
- Prix Rovan 2018 of the french ambassadress
- Prize 2018 of the 'Familie Mehdorn Stiftung'